- 3-½ oz chocolate (like Nestlé’s semi-sweet morsels)
- 8 Pieces of chocolate (like Nestlé’s Baker semi-sweet chocolate)
- 3 eggs (farm eggs are best)
- 2-¾ oz sugar
- 1-¾ oz butter
- 1-tablespoon flour
- Butter the bottom of 4 ramequins.
- Preheat the oven to 500º.
- Melt the 3-½ oz of chocolate in a bowl over a water bath and add the butter.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, the sugar and the flour.
- Incorporate the chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mix into the ramequins until they are half-filled.
- Add 2 pieces of chocolate in the center of each ramequins and then top of the ramequins with the rest of the mix.
- Place the ramequins in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm.
It is best to take the fondant our of the ramequin, but it is a delicate operation. Use a knife to pry it out gently, place it on a nice plate and top it with some powdered sugar. Add a raspberry and a mint leaf for effect, and watch your guests die of pleasure.