(Makes 1 serving.)
4 oz cooked fettuccini
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp diced onion
½ tsp freshly chopped garlic
1 (21/25 size) shrimp
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
2 oz white wine
2 oz heavy cream
1 pinch dried basil
¼ cup parmesan
Parsley and green onion chopped for garnish
1. Boil the fettuccini according to package directions and immediately cool in an ice bath to stop cooking.
2. When the pasta is cold, add 1 tsp of oil and a pinch of salt; toss and set aside.
3. In a large sauté pan, heat butter and oil until it shimmers across the pan.
4. Add the onion and cook until softened but not browned.
5. Add the garlic and cook until an aroma is present.
6. Add the shrimp and the old bay seasoning to the pan and toss to distribute.
7. When the shrimp begin to turn red, add the wine and simmer until the mixture begins to bubble.
8. Toss in pasta and serve, garnish with parsley and green onion.
Serve right away to avoid sauce drying out.