(Makes 4 servings.)
1 cup rice
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup white wine
½ cup heavy cream
1 cup baby portobello mushrooms
Salt & pepper
1. In a pot, melt 2 tbs butter.
2. Add diced shallot, salt and pepper.
3. Add rice and stir until rice becomes translucid.
4. Add 2 cups water and let boil.
5. When water is absorbed by rice, lower heat and keep covered.
1. Slice chicken, slice mushrooms and dice shallot.
2. In a bowl, mix chicken with salt, pepper and 1 tbs flour.
3. In a sauté pan, melt butter and brown the chicken. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, add 2 tbs butter and shallots. Let it brown (but don’t burn).
5. Add white wine and simmer.